Tech Support Solutions
SDS Automation has a technical staff with many years experience that we are more than happy to share with our customers. Below is a copy of an email received from one of our customers related to a technical support situation that we feel represents our services well. Of course, we can’t guarantee that we’ll get it right the first time, every time, but we can guarantee that we’ll try!
Ok… First I really didn’t expect such a detailed response but this is EXACTLY the type of answer I needed. Thank you so much!
I don’t believe I’ve ever said this to a supplier before but your overall service is top notch – impeccable!
Hope I get the chance to do business with your team again.”
Special projects Manager
Le 7 sept. 2017 à 18:05, Connie Adams
Regarding upgrading the computer on your existing XM bender:
• We service the machines themselves, but are not really equipped to service or troubleshoot the computers, nor do we sell computers.
• We do not recommend any particular Windows operating system. Your control board is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit, but it is your responsibility to determine the best OS to get, based upon the recommendations of your IT or network administration provider.
• You will require a USB to serial adapter cable to connect a new computer to the machine control board. We recommend StarTech USB to serial RS232 adapter cable w/ COM retention, ICUSB2321F, which you can purchase online directly from StarTech, or from us (part # TK038, price $45 plus shipping cost).
• If you regularly save backups of the EasyB software folder to a secondary location (such as a server, separate hard drive, USB flash drive, or another computer), or can still access the existing hard drive, you can copy the entire “XMB” folder (the folder contains your executable programs that run the machine, as well as all your calibration data and any fil files you have saved) from the current location and save it directly onto the new computer’s C: drive. It should not be saved into “Program Files” or any other subfolders. If you do not have a backup of the software, we can provide you with a fresh copy of the software, but you will then have to fully recalibrate the machine for all material types you use.
• If you need assistance with setting up the software on a new computer and/or with calibration of the machine, we can provide remote phone (and/or TeamViewer remote access) support for $90 for the first hour, and $50 for each additional hour.
Things to be aware of:
1 COM port: When you have attached the serial to USB adapter cable to the control board and the new computer, you will then need to go into Hardware Manager on the computer and find out which COM port is associated with that USB connector, and then go into the “options” menu in the XMB software, and select that COM port.
2 Antivirus: Make sure your antivirus software is set to exclude the entire “XMB” folder from scans.
3 Permissions: You will need to set the executable programs to “run as administrator”. I think you may be able to do this for the whole XMB folder.
4 Compatibility: You may also need to set the XMB folder to “run in XP compatibility mode”
I hope this helps! Should you have any additional questions, or if you need remote support, please contact Andy Park at 201-913-7268.
Thank you and regards,
SDS / AdamsTech / EasyBender Americas, Inc.