SDS Automation is seeking full-time sharpening department manager.
- Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
- Salary based on experience
- Benefits: Salary / Paid Vacation / Health Insurance
- Maintain safe operations and adhere to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment and perform required equipment maintenance.
- Document actions by completing production and quality assurance logs.
- Anticipate and execute orders for stock inventory; verify accuracy of orders received.
- Quality assurance analysis of work product
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical issues
- Inspect and evaluate tooling and document results of completed analysis
- Perform entire sharpening process from receiving, sharpening, invoicing and outbound shipping to the customer
- Disassemble, clean, inspect tool modules, generate sharpening reports for male and female tools, and reassemble
- Operate surface grinder and etch male and female tool and die sets as necessary
- Pack and ship small parts
- Maintain a clean and organized shop area.
Experience operating surface grinder or other CNC machinery preferred
Experience operating Bridgeport mill preferred
Requires proficient use of Microsoft Word & Excel
Basic CAD experience necessary
Strong math skills, specifically geometry and trigonometry
Ability to read blueprints and part drawings
Knowledge of properties of metal and other materials
Ability to precisely read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and gauges
Ability to work within a set production schedule to ensure timely execution of required tasks
General mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
Ability to work 40 hours/week
Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 70lbs.
Follow all safety requirements, procedures and protocols.
Perks of the Job
SDS Automation offers competitive salaries that scale with your past experiences and current skills.
Health & Dental
There are several different healthcare plans to choose from with options for HSA, Dental, and Vision.
Paid vacations are part of the job benefits package without having to spend many years to earn a reasonable amount of vacation time.
Interested? Click below to apply on ZipRecruiter.
Click the get started button to apply on ZipRecruiter or download a traditional application and email it to email@example.com
6235 Lookout Road, Suite A
Boulder, CO 80301
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
(303) 798 – 7110